Monday, November 26, 2012

March 5, 2012


Sounds like your week was nice and calm! Mine was too! It was busy but we could at least slow down enough to think so it was a good week but nothing to exciting happened! It’s kind of crazy to think it is already March! That means I’m coming up on my 8th month mark!!!!!!!!!! Crazy huh! when I left that’s where Aaron was and he is almost at 16 months and when I got to the mission field that’s where my  trainer was and he goes home this week! Crazy huh! Time goes by really fast and I’m not going to complain! I love the mission but it’s still hard to beat home! Cuz you know that’s "where the heart is'. :) I wish it would snow here! It rained most of this last week and we had tornado warnings a couple days. We didn’t see any though earlier this year they had a tornado that took out a school about 5 miles from where we live but no one was hurt! Virginia has some crazy weather! But that what my week consisted of! I will be looking forward to those cds :) since we can’t listen to the radio cds are our only option and I have 1 cd so it’s kind of getting old. But I hope you have a great week!
Love you forever like you for always
Love Twark

So I forgot about this story :)
yesterday I had a telephone lesson with a catholic lawyer! I held my own! It was cool! He is the dad of a couple of our investigators who were set for baptism but we are moving it so he can come down for it. He lives in PA and his kids and x-wife and her husband who are members live here. Kind of an interesting situation, by law he has to agree for them to be baptized and he wanted to learn about the church. I told him yesterday that I can tell him everything we believe and what we know to be true but until he humbles himself and quits trying to be defensive about the Mormon church and quits studying what the internet says and what we actually believe he ain't going to get anywhere. I told him if he wants to know what Mormons believe he needs to read the Book of Mormon (BOM) he wants to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet he needs to read and pray about the BOM, if he wants to know if being a Mormon will benefit his kids he needs to read the BOM. He asked me lots of questions that were rumors about the church that I never even heard b4. I can understand he only wants what’s best for his kids. Missionaries are going to be stopping by his house this week! The thing that gets me is he said he is Catholic but doesn’t believe half the things they teach! He told me that! then he goes off on all the Mormon  stuff and he would reference back to the Catholic church that he said  he don’t even believe in!!!!! It doesn't add up to well does it! It was  cool to see how the spirit works though cuz I know I’m not the sharpest  tool in the shed but when I can stand up to a lawyer who has graduated  from a Catholic school I know it was 100% led by the spirit! But the spirit is awesome!  O I have another story of the spirit this week! so we got a call from one of our inv. who is set to be baptized on the 24th she called us  and told us that she can’t be baptized cuz her family doesn't want her to!  Well Elder Kim and I went to her house the next day and on our way I felt impressed to stop by one of our recent converts whose house we just drove by. So we stopped by and asked her to come to this ladies house with us and share her testimony. Well she did and to make a long story short she is still set to be baptized on the 24th! Little miracles are the best! Make it all worth it! But that’s my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment