Sunday, November 4, 2012

January 23, 2012

Hey dad
your week sounds ........ Exciting! I guess! I hope all goes well at the baptism this weekend! Wish them the best and my love! You’re not old enough to be falling apart! Lol it will all get better it always does! Just take it a little easier. I hope you get it all figured out! It sounds like it’s a major pain in the ... ummm knee! :) I thought that the church pays for my medical expenses out here! My ankle is doing better but I still can’t point my toes all the way, but I don’t have to have my brace anymore. I would talk to someone about the insurance but I don’t know who maybe Sister Perry would know.

Well as for my week so yesterday I found out that I’m staying in Yorktown for 12 more weeks, I'm excited because I will be training a new missionary! I’m kind of nervous cuz it’s the most important stage of a mission. It will either make him the best missionary he can be or it will not. It’s all on my shoulders to make sure he is the best missionary he can be and teach him everything he needs to know so that he can be a good missionary for the rest of his mission. I think I will do fine but it makes me nervous. But that’s the big news of the week. This last week kind of sucked we only taught 3 lessons. No one wanted to meet with us, and we had some really rude people this week more so than usual, and the kid that we had set for baptism doesn't want us to meet with him anymore cuz he doesn’t have time!  Me and elder Sevy we almost to the breaking point and we decided to just pull the car over and read some scriptures. And it’s a good thing we did. we read from Alma 32 I think and it talks about the Book of Mormon prophet Alma and everything he had to go through and when we read that it talked about, maybe things are crappy right now but look at all the good you have done, you’re not wasting time cuz we are changing people’s lives even if we don't know it. So that made our day better and picked us up and we actually ended up with A okay day! There is just such a spirit that comes from the scriptures its crazy!
I finished reading the Doctrine and Covenants today and I will start reading the bible this next week. It’s crazy! I hated reading back home and I still so! But the scriptures have got me sucked in! Who would have ever thought it! The scriptures are powerful and that’s something I have learned on my mission. And it because it’s the word of God. But that’s about it for my week!
Love you dad
love Twark

No comments:

Post a Comment